Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Earning my bicycle safety badge 25+ years later

`Riding through Manhattan at rush hour is nothing compared to the pressure of an inspection by a cub scout leader. Fortunately for me, when I ran into Cub Scout pack 227 (Charlottesville, VA) I had front & rear lights, helmet, gloves, water, pump, rain pancho, etc. Turns out the pointing/waving scouts I passed while riding "home" one evening were learning all about bike safety. I don't remember earning that badge from my scout days way back when but come to think of it, I don't really remember much other than the pinewood derby and that yellow tie/napkin thing we had to wear. Oh well, maybe my preparedness today will earn me some points if I ever decide to get back into it.

Good to meet you guys! Keep riding!

2 comments:

bessiejulia said...

that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Proulx,
Best wishes from Cub Scout Pack 227! Thanks for stopping in for a visit in the middle of our Bike Rodeo! Perfect timing!