Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 24 - Minnetrista, MN to Hastings, MN - 60 miles

Apparently Minnesota is about a lot more than just bass fishing

Wow, getting back in the saddle after taking a couple days off is hard. Especially when I’ve been staying in a big, comfy bed, eating a ton of food and hanging out with my niece and nephew for the past couple days – many thanks to Jeff, Brooke, Amelia & Michael! I’m excited to continue the journey, but I’m sure it’ll take me a day or two to get used to “roughing it” again.

I got a late start and didn’t exactly make good time today as my route took me along crowded bike paths for much of the way. The traffic didn’t bother me, but I kept stopping to talk to folks – I was just so excited to see so many people out biking – especially after the lack of cyclists I’ve seen up until now. And kudos to Minnesota for all of the bike paths – they’ve got an amazing network around the Twin Cities and the suburbs.

In addition to stopping to talk a lot, I also got lost several times as I really did not know where I was going. I think I’ve found my way now, though, and look forward to a big day tomorrow – as long as those Southerly winds they’re forecasting don’t slow me up too much.




No comments: