Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 25 - Hastings, MN to La Crosse, WI - 120 miles

Not a bad view to start the day off with...

I woke up early so as to get out of the park I was camped in before too many people showed up and to make up for a short day of riding yesterday. I followed a bike route along the Mississippi River for most of the day which offered a break from constantly trying to find out where I was and which turns I needed to make. It’s amazing how nice this can be.

After a hard day in the sun (and wind), I was just about to call it a day when I checked an email and saw that some friends of mine were actually living not too far away. So, I kept plugging away in hopes of catching up with these friends tonight or tomorrow morning. I crossed over the border into La Crosse, Wisconsin just around dark and found myself a nice spot to camp in a city park. Or so I thought. Turns out there is a lot of activity around this park and my slumber was interrupted many times – once by a bunch of kids with golf clubs. Despite a poor night’s sleep, I was very excited to catch up with friends in the morning.









No comments: