Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 37 - Ann Arbor, MI to Genoa, OH - 81 miles

Welcome (back) to Ohio!

I was on the road by 8:30AM today, but headed in the wrong direction. I visited the Polar Service Center, one of 4 authorized Polar (watch / HR monitors) service centers in the country. I told them I rode my bike from Oregon to have my watch/odometer battery changed and they were kind enough to make the change at no charge – thanks guys!! It’ll be good not having to calculate my distances with Google pedometer anymore.

Other than the worst roads I’ve ridden on in the past 5 weeks (what’s up with that Michigan??), the day was uneventful. Genoa’s men in blue helped find me a nice place to throw the tent up and now a heavy slumber is calling.

I’m really looking forward to getting up along Lake Erie soon – I’ll ride along the lake all the way to Buffalo.

No comments: