Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 38 - Genoa, OH to Bay Village, OH - 91 miles

Just follow the signs.

Just a few more miles of improv and I made my way to an excellent path system beginning in Elmore, OH. I met a fellow Surly rider here who helped make a 10 mile stretch fly by and got me real close to the Lake Erie Coastal Trail which would be my route for a while.

After passing a cabbage farm and a house selling turtle meat (What the….), I found my lakeside path and even met a nice guy who arranged a yard to sleep in when I got to the Cleveland suburb of Bay Village. Knowing where I was going to sleep that night takes off lots of pressure and I was happy to join a family for an end of summer picnic. The only problem was that when I got to the pre-arranged ‘camp site’, the gentleman had changed his mind and decided he would rather I didn’t camp in his yard. He was very nice and felt bad, but that didn’t change the fact that it was now dark and I had to find a place to sleep. Fortunately, I ran into a nice couple as I was on my way to the police station in search of suggestions, and they were kind enough to let me stay the night. It was great talking with them about cycling, books, travel, etc.




















No comments: